Introduction and General Terms
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ocurem.com Limited (company number 6466881), a company whose registered office is located at Unit 11 Stone Cross Drive, Sprotbrough, Doncaster, DN5 7QH.
Information That We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information about you which you provide to us when you sign up as a user of the Website whether in your capacity as a Member or a Contributor;
- information gathered when you post material or request further services, when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions or downloads you carry out through our site; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We will review all personal information held from time to time in order to ensure that we do not maintain a record of that information for longer than is necessary.
Reasons We May Collect Information And Uses That Will Be Made Of It
We aim to ensure that your use of the Website is tailored as closely as possible to your areas of interest which will enable you to make the best use of your time and the Website’s capabilities, to enable us to do this we may use a cookie file which is stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small text file designed to identify your specific use of web pages. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to identify the areas of the Website that you use most regularly in order to provide you with a better service by tailoring your use of the Website;
- to maximise the efficiency of your use of the Website by retaining certain information about your user profile in order to prevent you having to provide us with the same information on more than one occasion;
- to prompt you about updated or new content on the Website that may be of particular interest to you;
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern; and
- to speed up your searches.
Uses Made Of The Information
Once you have provided your personal information to us we may use it:
- to enable you to access information on the Website and to ensure that it is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
- to enable us to provide you with information that may be of particular interest to you; and/or
- to tell you about changes to the Website or to communicate with you generally; and/or
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and/or
- to process a transaction
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your Personal Profile
Should you sign in to the Website as a member you will hold an active profile on the Website which records brief details about your personal profile. The content of your profile page is entirely determined by you and we merely enable you to post this information on your profile page. However, we may remove your profile page if, in our absolute discretion, we consider that any of the content of your profile is inappropriate for any reason whatsoever.
Improving The Content On The Website
We may use the information that we gather in connection with your personal profile and areas of interest together with any content that you post onto the Website as a Contributor to:
- advise you of areas in which we are seeking new or updated content; or
- advise you of content that is proving more or less popular and what we believe to be the possible reasons for this.
Wherever possible we will communicate with you by electronic means. By providing us with an active email address, you agree that you are happy for us to communicate with you in this way in order to: advise you of products or services that may be of interest to you; advise you of any Website updates; or provide you with any other information that we consider would be of interest to you.
You can exercise your right to prevent us from contacting you at any time by contacting Ocurem requesting that we make no contact with you. Ocurem will provide clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from this service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Of Data And Third Parties
Your Statutory Rights
Although we adopt various procedures that are designed to protect your personal information and employ processes such as login auditing and idle session termination designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, we are unable to guarantee the security of data transmitted over the internet. As a result, any personal information that you provide to us is provided at your own risk.
Ocurem Ltd, Unit 11 Stone Cross Drive, Sprotbrough, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN5 7QH