Most of the tenders I find are too large for just my own company to manage, is it possible for me to team up with another company and bid together?
Yes – this is known as consortia bidding, and it regularly happens for large value contracts and tenders. It is feasible to win work this way by teaming up with another company or companies, but before you race off and try and put a consortia together consider these helpful points…
- Do you and the proposed consortia companies have the same working practices?
- Who will manage the entire process
- How will the finances work?
- What elements will be managed by each company involved?
- What happens in case of a problem?
- Who deals with the buyer as point of contact?
In order for a consortia to work properly you need to be able to trust one another, have similar values and ethics and ideally complement the other’s skills or services offered.